Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Why?

Why, when I have so many other things to do- assignments, readings, meeting a tutor in the middle of the day... why did I agree to cover a shift in Beverly Hills where the peak hour traffic is crap and frustrating, parking is 2-hourly so you have to leave the store to move your car...why did I agree to put up with all this for a 3 1/2 hour shift? Can I really be bothered with all the travel and stress (notwithstanding how much of it is self induced)? Why did I agree to take on more hours when I am already working more than enough hours for the week? Cos I'm a suck and still can't say no. I'll still encourage other staff to "JUST SAY NO" but I still can't do it. Not when the nice ppl ask me.

And why do I have to cover the shift at such late notice? I was called by Gemma, our lovely AM, at 5PM for a cover for any time tomorrow: 5-6 hours or so, but I can only do a few in the morning or arvo as I've got plans at 1. What happened to their rostered staff? Who knows. I think they have a new trainee there as well, and she didn't turn up to her shift today, and so Chris had to work all day by himself and close for lunch. Not fun. Poor Chris. He worked a couple of shifts at my store as well and is now manager at Beverly Hills. I didn't want Chris to have to work another day by himself. Though I think he's more resilient than just to quit when things are obviously as frustrating as they are right now for him. I think they have a load of stock to unpack and prepare for yet another catalogue sale. Great. Can't wait til that one's released.

Why am I where I am now? Story of my life...

No comments: