Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New links!

Today being my day off, I have well and truly 'wasted' it reading blogs. I finally finished reading the whole archive of Waiter's blog, even though I tried to limit myself to only a few pages, or to reading it after I'd done all my work. Didn't happen. Good work, Waiter.

From his site, I stumbled across Deb's blog, she is a barmaid in New York. They've all got some funny stories.

But this latest one that I'm hooked on is The Insane Waiter. Many of his stories have reflected my own experiences in The Company, like the intimidating tactics used on staff and crazy customers. I'm sure many of us in the service industry get the same old crap, just from different people.

You'd think with all this hospitality blog reading I'm doing I'd be keen to get a job as a server too. I think I'd enjoy it, so long as the people are nice. I have volunteered in a vegetarian restaurant/cafe before, but that was a lot more laid back than these people's high class establishments. Hey, maybe if my current job/education falls through, I can start applying at some local vegetarian establishments around here...

No comments: