Sunday, July 23, 2006

Oh well.

Oops. So crazy uncle that was calling for the "brogues", well turns out it wasn't a style name, but a style of shoe! They're the hideous type of shoes I had in year 7. Shudder. Well, we did in fact have a kind of brogue-style dress shoe, but not the highly detailed ones we had in the past. So, were he indeed to come in my store that day and "create all hell" then, I sure would've denied any accountability. And you'd be sure I'd give it straight back. I had never heard of the word til today, when another kindly customer (who had said brogue, highly detailed shoes) pointed out the 'brogue detail' on the sides of the newer styles. Hmmm... so oops. "Crap!" So I googled it, as all good academics do, and saw some pics. And then it clicked. Oops, he must've seen them from an old catalogue. We never received any stocks of them anyway, despite them being advertised (long story, rant later). Ha ha. Good on ya uncle crazy.

That's another one to add to my repository. Oxford style, derby style, brogues... you never stop learning.

No comments: